There are a number of causes that can prevent you from Previewing or Submitting your Inspections in the Property Inspection BOSS app.
- Remember that a Preview only displays on the iPad, and Submitting will generate the email to the Inspector.
1. Check you have Internet connectivity - look for your wifi signal, or load Safari and browse to a website.
2. Template not selected or missing - check that you have selected your current templates for your report. The report template will depend on your Inspection Type. Check also the current Inspector has been correctly selected. These can be selected at:
Settings > Property Inspection BOSS Admin > Inspectors > "Your name"
You can verify the Inspection Type and Inspector in your report. See example:
3. Reports too large? - By default when using Submit Inspection Property Inspection BOSS will generate an email that contains "MS Word" and "PDF" attachments. This setting can be changed in Settings > Property Inspection BOSS Admin > Report Format. In some cases the final size may exceed 10MB (or close to). If both formats are not required just select the one that is.
If you have our latest version of Property Inspection BOSS (v3.2.8+) you can retrieve it from your Online Property Inspection BOSS Account in your favourite desktop browser (see below). Find out your version of Property Inspection BOSS via Settings and locating the version in the top left. The latest version of Property Inspection BOSS can be downloaded by opening the App Store app (on the iPad itself) and click on Updates to download the latest Property Inspection BOSS. This link shows you how.
To retrieve the generated reports from your Online Property Inspection BOSS Account you need to log into your online Property Inspection BOSS Account from your favourite internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) on a PC/Mac or laptop, click on the Report tab, then Download your report. For further information here.
4. It's possible that you have deleted an Inspection Area or a Sub Inspection Area that has been used in the report. Learn more about how to link them back together here