Property Management Software Support - GeeDee Instructions for Property Inspection BOSS
Support for GeeDee has been totally revamped and simplified in Property Inspection BOSS with v1.3.0 onwards. If you are not using the latest Property Inspection BOSS contact support to upgrade. . With the new changes Property Inspection BOSS and GeeDee clients will now look forward to importing data including Owner and Tenant contact details, Next Inspection Date and Lease Details (including Start and End Dates) as well as incorporating changes to details for existing properties where applicable.
The new GeeDee import process is enabled in the backend of the GeeDee server software so please contact GeeDee for help regarding this. GeeDee Software Support can be contacted on (08) 9364 6677 or email email@example.com. The new GeeDee process will auto create the new file each day when END OF DAY backups and transaction list prints are run.
Importing from GeeDee involves (1) locating the GeeDee generated file and uploading the file to our secure and confidential website using your Property Inspection BOSS Premium login credentials, and finally (2) downloading those Import files onto the iPad Property Inspection BOSS app.
STEP 1: Visit the Property Inspection BOSS Online Accounts Module
- Click this link or open Internet Explorer (or the browser you currently use) and goto http://www.propertyinspectionboss.com/accounts
- Enter your Property Inspection BOSS Premium Account credentials from signup.
- Select the Import Files tab.
- Select Browse/Choose File (depending on whether which browser you are using) and then navigate to G:\Program Files\GeeDee\Proman\Archives\ and select the file Property_Inspection_BOSS.txt. If the file does not exist then please contact GeeDee support.
- Select GeeDee v2 from the "Select the Product/Version" dropdown button since you are using the Property Management System of GeeDee. See Screenshot below.
Uploading your GeeDee file into your Property Inspection BOSS Online account
Select Browse or Choose File (1) and navigate to where your property file was saved in Step 1 (e.g. Desktop). Select the property file and then click open and then click Upload File (2) . See the screenshot below.
- If an error appears such as the selected file could already exists you will need to rename the file so that it is unique. Try incorporating todays date into the filename i.e. 03062015-Property_Inspection_BOSS.txt or simply delete the existing file located in your account with the same filename and upload again.
STEP 2 - Almost there! : Now open your Property Inspection BOSS iPad app
- Before continuing, ensure you have completed all of the previous steps.
- Open Property Inspection BOSS and ensure you are logged into your Property Inspection BOSS Premium account.
- Before importing any properties into Property Inspection BOSS make sure you have completed the following steps:
- Check the Default Inspector is at the top of your inspectors list via Settings > Property Inspection BOSS Admin > Inspectors. The Property Inspection BOSS app will automatically associate the default Property Manager/Inspector in Property Inspection BOSS against new Properties imported. To change the Default Inspector simply click Edit and then using the the small bars move the desired Inspector to the top position and then click Done to save. The new Default Inspector is now ready !!.
- Select your Default Property Profile for Import and check all the Inspection Areas you need are included via Settings > Property Inspection BOSS Admin > Property Profiles. A Property Profile is a best fit or average layout for your Properties or Inspections (including custom callouts i.e. Maintenance Required/Suggested Improvements). We suggest that if the Property Profile say has 3 Bedrooms and then for a specific Inspection if there is only 2 bedrooms, it’s quicker to delete the extra bedroom than add a bedroom.
Configuring Property Profiles can be done in the Property Inspection BOSS app via Settings > Property Inspection BOSS Admin > Property Profiles
- Set the correct Inspection Type via Settings > Property Inspection BOSS Admin > Inspection Type. Note the default Inspection Type is Inspection Report.
- Set 'Quick Check Always Ticked' in Settings > Property Inspection BOSS Admin if you require all quick check labels to be automatically ticked 'on'.
To filter only properties assigned to yourself or the default Inspector toggle Show Only Default Inspector
In the top right corner, tap the Action button () and then either select Import Selected or Import All (If the Action button is not visible, try restarting the app). This will begin creating the new inspections (as selected) in Property Inspection BOSS. Wait a few moments and when finished all your properties will now be available in the Inspections tab area.
Note: If you are having trouble locating the G:\Program Files\GeeDee\Proman\Archives\Property_Inspection_Manager.txt you might also be able to trigger its generation manually from GeeDee Backup (Xport). See screenshot below.