Property Management Software Support - Palace (Realbase) Instructions for Property Inspection BOSS
Data sharing between Palace and Property Inspection BOSS has now been improved from Property Inspection BOSS v1.3.0 onwards. If you are not using the latest Property Inspection BOSS contact support to upgrade. Property Inspection BOSS Premium users with Palace can now import data including Inspection Dates, Property, Owner and Tenant details.
Importing from Palace involves (1) Exporting your properties from Palace, (2) Uploading the files to our secure and confidential website using your Property Inspection BOSS Premium login credentials, and finally (3) Downloading those Import files onto the iPad and Property Inspection BOSS app.
The Palace Instructions coming soon.
Once you have exported your HTML file from Palace (watch the video above) visit Property Inspection BOSS Online Accounts Module (to upload your property file into your Property Inspection BOSS Premium account)
NEXT STEP - Almost there!
- Before continuing, ensure you have completed all of the previous steps.
- Open Property Inspection BOSS and ensure you are logged into your Property Inspection BOSS Premium account.
- Before importing any properties into Property Inspection BOSS make sure you have completed the following steps:
Check the Default Inspector is at the top of your inspectors list via Settings > Property Inspection BOSS Admin > Inspectors. The Property Inspection BOSS app will automatically associate the default Property Manager/Inspector in Property Inspection BOSS against new Properties imported. To change the Default Inspector simply click Edit and then using the the small bars move the desired Inspector to the top position and then click Done to save. The new Default Inspector is now ready !!.
Select your Default Property Profile for Import and check all the Inspection Areas you need are included via Settings > Property Inspection BOSS Admin > Property Profiles. A Property Profile is a best fit or average layout for your Properties or Inspections (including custom callouts i.e. Maintenance Required/Suggested Improvements). We suggest that if the Property Profile say has 3 Bedrooms and then for a specific Inspection if there is only 2 bedrooms, it’s quicker to delete the extra bedroom than add a bedroom.
Configuring Property Profiles can be done in the Property Inspection BOSS app via Settings > Property Inspection BOSS Admin > Property Profiles
Set the correct Inspection Type via Settings > Property Inspection BOSS Admin > Inspection Type. Note the default Inspection Type is Inspection Report.
Set 'Quick Check Always Ticked' in Settings > Property Inspection BOSS Admin if you require all quick check labels to be automatically ticked 'on'.
Click the Imports tab area and turn your iPad device so it is in landscape or horizontal mode.
Tap Import Files in the top left and click the Refresh button () at the bottom and click Ok to starting downloading the files.
- Once the files are processed tap on Import Files again and tap on your most recent property file. Use the toggles to select New Properties or Existing Properties With Updated Info and then select only those properties that need to be imported.
- New properties are those properties that have not previously been imported into Property Inspection BOSS.
- Updated properties are those previously imported properties that contain updated information from Palace and contain a newer Inspection Date. When importing updated properties, Property Inspection BOSS will automatically perform a 'Repeat Inspection' on these selected properties and a new Inspection will be created with updated Inspection Dates and include related updated tenancy data.. The previous Inspection Area layout is preserved and any history notes are associated with that Inspection. We never update existing Inspections for safety and auditing reasons and to preserve the history of that Inspection in the app.
To filter only properties assigned to yourself or the default Inspector toggle Show Only Default Inspector
In the top right corner, tap the Action button () and then either select Import Selected or Import All (If the Action button is not visible, try restarting the app). This will begin creating the new inspections (as selected) in Property Inspection BOSS. Wait a few moments and when finished all your properties will now be available in the Inspections tab area.